The 10th Annual
SoCal Film Festival
is officially over!
Thank you to all who participated to make this a truly special year. Thank you.
Celebrating the Storytellers of Tomorrow!
If you already have an account you can still watch 2014 Festival Movies until Midnight Tonight!
Award Nominations & Winners
SEE ALL THE AWARD WINNERS HERE
2014 Award Nominations and Categories (10th Annual)
Directing presented by Birns and Sawyer
- Erik Peter Carlson, The Toy Soldiers
- Jason Kartalian, Seahorses
- Rachel Howard, Sins of the Father
- Daniel Wahlen, The Hideout
- Chris Reese, The Converation
- Ryan O’Leary, The Backseat
- Kevin Shah, Lucid
- Basil Mironer, Seahorses
- Russell Carpenter, Sins of the Father
- Michael Pessah, Time to Kill
- Nick Testa, Opacity
- Cory Fraiman-Lott, Mia
- David B. Godin, The Champion
Achievement in Acting – Actress
- Meghan Chadeayne, Naked Zombie Girl
- Tara Price, The Routine
- Justine Wachsberger, Seahorses
- Constance Brenneman, The Toy Soldiers
- Bonnie Jean Taylor, Give & Take
- Christa Beth Campbell, The Hideout
Achievement in Acting – Actor
- Samuel Nolan, The Toy Soldiers
- Ian Hutton, Seahorses
- Emilio Rivera, Sins of the Father
- Chris Bellant, The Backseat
- Matt Whittaker, Ryan Baxter: Reenactor
Screenplay Short-Form Finalists
- Hold My Hand | Michael Dotson | Short Form
- Le Coeur Malchanceux | Charlie Leitner | Short Form
- National Pastime | David Lieto | Short Form
- Daughter of a Son of a Sailor | Katie Waldron | Short Form
- Headsman | Steven Langridge | Short Form
- The Story of Sol | Craig Warren | Short Form
- Penance | Annette Sanchez | Short Form
- Double Mary | J.G. Wu | Short Form
Screenplay Long-Form Finalists
- Brother Billy | Brian Hightman | Long Form
- Rock Tarpeian | Salvatore Bono | Long Form
- Fast Money | Christian Robinson | Long Form
- Zoe and the Zebra | Vicki Peterson | Long Form
- FourPlay | John Harris | Long Form
- Letters to Linn | Andrew Trainor | Long Form
- A Clash Of Iron | Richard Reed | Long Form
- Slave | Alejandro Sesma | Long Form
- They Call ‘m the Hook! | Giovanni Sanseviero | Long Form
- Stages | Ron Podell | Long Form
The following categories take into consideration all Official Selections in the category.
- Golden Ticket (Best-in-the-Fest, Jury Prize) presented by Acura
- Feature Filmmaking
- Short Filmmaking
- Micro-Short, Youth Movement, Animation or Music Video
- International Filmmaking
- Student Filmmaking
- Documentary Filmmaking
- The David Beatty Award in Local Filmmaking
Wow! It’s really been ten years! It’s amazing to think that the festival started ten years ago. In that time, we have viewed and read more than 10,000 screenplays and movies and we have exhibited more than 1,000 official selections in the process. It has, so far, been an incredible journey. We have had the opportunity to work with many dedicated individuals on many different levels and from all walks of life. We have also had the unique experience of sharing the work of creative minds with stories to tell — that’s why we have a theme for our tenth year: Celebrating the Storytellers of Tomorrow!
Visit our MEDIA page for past highlights including interviews with Trent Opalach (District 9 Cinematographer), J.F. Lawton (Pretty Woman & Under Siege Screenwriter), Andy Dick (Actor/Comedian), Michael Welch (Twilight), Adam Lamberg (Lizzy Maguire), two-time Oscar nominated songwriter Carol Connors, as well as many others.
Huntington Beach is a city known for its long stretches of beach, and for hosting the largest professional surfing event in the world, the SoCal Film Festival celebrates the art and culture of film.
Art. Culture. Independence. Filmmaking.
Open Genre. Open Form. Movies. Scripts. Docs. Shorts. Features. Drama. Comedy. Horror. Music Video. Educational. Experimental. Family. Animation. Sports. Action. Adventure. Romance. Off-Beat.
Get Involved as a Sponsor!
The SoCal Film Festival thanks thanks all past and present sponsors, without whom this festival would not be what it is today! Learn how to get involved here!
Current Sponsors Include: